Huxlow Science College is delighted to announce that following a two-day inspection, 14th and 15th June 2016, it has been judged to be a GOOD school, where “barriers for pupils have been broken” and “the glass ceiling has been removed”.
The inspectors reported that:
- Senior Leaders’ uncompromising commitment to raising standards and their high expectations for pupils have led to an impressive improvement in pupils’ outcomes for current year groups.
- Everyone in the school puts pupils’ well-being at the centre of everything that they do.
- Teachers provide well for the most able pupils.
- Leaders support and nurture pupils who have special educational needs or disability.
- Leaders and teachers are determined that only the best is good enough for pupils at the school. They have introduced an aspirational culture which pupils have embraced.
“This judgement is a recognition of the hard work of the students and staff over the last two years. We are all pleased with the outcome which will act as a springboard to further improvements in the quality of our students’ education.” Steve Gordon Headteacher.
Ofsted is the Office for Standards in Education, Children’s Services and Skills, who inspect and regulate schools. Click below to find out more about Ofsted and view their latest report on Huxlow.