This year has seen many eager and able Year 5-6 students from local junior schools participate in Huxlow’s Maths Master Classes. Each week the students applied themselves through some challenging mathematical tasks and concepts, through which they were exposed to some of the more beautiful and elegant contributions of maths.
The students from Irthlingborough Junior, Woodford CE Primary, Finedon Mulso CE Junior and Great Addington CofE Primary Schools have set a very high standard, not only for future participants of the Master Class, but also for their classmates when they join Huxlow as Year 7 students.
Being able to experience a wide variety of mathematical topics and ideas has given these students a positive appreciation of the importance of maths and of their own education. As we prepare for the new school year and a new intake of students ready to experience maths in new and exciting ways, we reflect on some of the things this year’s intake had to say:
- “Maths is a wonderland”
- “It’s really fun and you learn a lot new things working with other schools.”
- “Please join! It’s fun if you want harder maths!”
- “You will learn things that you never thought you would learn.”
- “I would recommend it, but be prepared!”
- “Do your best in maths so you can be more able in maths.”
Next year’s Maths Master Class will run on Friday mornings and will continue to allow students to fully explore and investigate the world of maths.