The Headteachers and governing bodies of all three schools in Irthlingborough have been working together informally now for many years, but in order to strengthen their links with each other, the Irthlingborough Learning Partnership (ILP) was formed in February 2012.
The ILP is made up of the Headteacher, Chair of Governors and two additional governors from each of the three schools.
The driving principles behind the partnership are:
- To keep the children safe
- To ease the transition between schools
- To improve teaching and learning
- A shared ethos and philosophy
- To benefit from shared opportunities such as expertise, resources and facilities
- To ultimately create an ‘all-through’ school in Irthlingborough but until then, to speak as one voice on any matters concerning education in the town.
The intention is for these principles to have a positive impact on all students’ progress throughout their education in Irthlingborough.