Opened in 1961, Huxlow Science College has been extensively refurbished and developed over the years. It has always combined good facilities with a clean, well-maintained environment. Every subject is taught in dedicated, spacious suites which contain a wide range of specialised equipment.
Our facilities include:
• Einstein’s: The catering provision at Huxlow is an in-house service with fresh food prepared daily. Read more
• Education Support Centre: Fully refurbished in 2013, this area offers excellent facilities to provide students with Special Educational Needs and Disability with all the support they need to realise their full potential. The Centre provides a safe environment for any student who is experiencing difficulties in their academic life and offers guidance and support. Read more
• Library: Our Library is a vibrant area of the College, providing a wide-ranging book stock and multimedia technologies. Read more
• Performance spaces: The Expressive Arts area contains a purpose-built Dance and Drama Studio, refurbished in 2016, and well-equipped music suite. This area has its own foyer, making it an excellent venue for smaller events and community gatherings.
• ICT Facilities: ICT has been developed across the College, with upgraded facilities being rolled out on an annual basis. All teaching rooms have interactive whiteboards. In addition to three ICT teaching suites, there are ICT facilities in the DT block and the Library, as well as laptops for students to use in lessons elsewhere.
• Science: When Huxlow became a specialist Science College, the science facilities had a major overhaul including upgrading existing laboratories and building an additional science block.
• Students’ spaces: Students have a choice of several relaxed and informal spaces, both indoors and outdoors, in which to eat and socialise at lunchtime. Students are consulted on changes through Student Voice, who have decided on new features, designs and colour schemes.
• Applied Learning Centre: Opened in Spring 2010, Huxlow Science College has a contemporary, state of the art Applied Learning and Vocational Centre. Read more
• Sports facilities: Huxlow offers extensive sporting facilities for PE lessons, lunchtime clubs and sports fixtures including a Sports Hall opened in 2007, a Gymnasium, outdoor hard courts and generous field space.
• The Hall: Fully refurbished in 2015, the Hall is a multi-purpose space used for assemblies, teaching and dining on a daily basis. Big events such as concerts and productions also take place here. The stage area underwent a major renovation in April 2014 and now features state-of-the-art sound and lighting equipment.
• Design Technology: The Design Technology department is superbly equipped to provide students with all the specialised equipment they need to excel in a wide range of DT skills and techniques including two well-equipped workshops, an ICT suite and dedicated teaching environments for food technology, textiles and art.
Hiring our facilities
Any enquiries about hiring our facilities should be made to:
Huxlow site team
Our dedicated site team work extremely hard and take great pride in presenting the College buildings and grounds to an exceptionally high standard.