We are extremely proud of the achievements of our Sixth Form students this year. They have been a credit to the College throughout their years with us, and have done themselves, their families and the College proud this summer with some truly outstanding results. We wish them all well in their next steps and look forward to hearing all about it.
Congratulations to all our departing Sixth Form students, including:
- Aiden McGowan achieved A Biology, B Chemistry, B Maths and is going to study Biomedical Science at Keele
- Michaela O’Callaghan achieved B Chemistry, A* English Literature, A* History and is going to study English at Birmingham
- Rosemary Osborne achieved A* Chemistry, A Maths, A Physics and has deferred entry to Warwick to study Chemistry
- Sara McGuire achieved B English Language, A History, B Psychology and is going to York to study Psychology
- Jack Terry achieved 4 A*s - A* Chemistry, A* Maths, A* Further Maths, A* Physics and will be going to Nottingham to study Chemistry with a year in Industry
- Jade Thurnham achieved A Biology, B Chemistry, B Maths and is going to study a 4 year Liberal Arts course in Biology at Occidental College in Los Angeles, California on a full scholarship.
- Kieran Burge, Jake Butlin, Bayes Day and Jessica Fargher all achieved triple Distinction* in their BTEC Sport course. Kieran is going to Lincoln to study Sport Development and Coaching; Bayes is studying Sport Psychology at Coventry; Jessica is going to Staffordshire to study Geography with Mountain Leadership; Jake is going to college to study plumbing
- Abbie O’Toole achieved Distinction * in Health and Social Care and B in Psychology and has secured a pharmacy apprenticeship
Congratulations also to Zach Tiernan (now Year 13) who achieved A Chemistry, A Biology and A Maths at AS level and will continue at Huxlow to complete A-levels in Summer 2017.
Thank you to the whole College community who supported Year 12 and 13 – well done everyone!
We are always pleased to hear about the achievements of our former students.
Ismael Jaffery (2015 leaver) has been in touch to tell us of his recent achievements at Bradford University, where he is studying Chemical Engineering:
- Student Representative of the Year for the Faculty of Engineering and Informatics
- Silver leadership award in democracy for the student council
- Gold leadership award for volunteering as a green ambassador
- Gold leadership award for volunteering as a student representative
- A bronze star trophy for performing a magic show in a talent show
- Finishing the year with a 1st in Stage 1 Chemical Engineering
Nicole Downes has been in touch to let us know that she has now graduated from the University of Surrey with a first class BSc in Biological Sciences, with a specialism in Drug Science. She is now ready to move into employment in the field of medical writing and communications. Congratulations Nicole!